- waste pipe
- nouna pipe through which liquid is carried away• Hyponyms:
* * *noun: a pipe for carrying off superfluous fluid : an escape pipe; specifically : an outlet pipe for carrying off liquid waste (as from a washbowl, bathtub, or sink)
* * *1. a pipe for draining liquid waste or excess liquids.2. Plumbing. a pipe for draining away the wastes of a building other than those from water closets. Cf. soil pipe.[1505-15]
* * *waste pipe nounA pipe for carrying off waste or surplus water• • •Main Entry: ↑waste
* * *a pipe used for carrying used water and waste from a buildingThesaurus: plumbing and drainage systemshyponym
* * *waste pipe,a pipe for carrying off wastewater, or other waste matter, from any plumbing fixture except toilets.
* * *n. a pipe carrying waste water, such as that from a sink, bathtub, or shower, to a drain
* * *ˈwaste pipe 7 [waste pipe waste pipes] noun
Useful english dictionary. 2012.